MUKINGE YOUTH DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
MYDF envision a society in which youths participate fully in the development of a democratic and prosperous Zambia and contributes to AIDS free Kasempa district.
MYDF promote positive behavior, attitudes and a health state of mind, body and spirit among the youths to advocate, inform, involve, inspire and celebrate social change through participating in developmental activities in Kasempa District so as to be able to reach their full potential life.
Our specific statements of intent are as follows:
1. To facilitate joint advocacy with and for the youths in Kasempa on matters of health development.
2. To support the capacity development of youths to provide quality health care through youth friendly health services.
3. To establish and maintain partnerships with other institutions and organizations in support of health development in Africa.
4. To take action on HIV/AIDS issues affecting young people.
5. To discourage unfavourable traditional practices and cultures, that promote abuse of human sexuality before marriage, early marriages and those that make citizens vulnerable to contracting HIV and AIDS.
6. To hold tangible discussions on relevant issues related to health and positive behaviour, e.g. Forum meetings, festivals, debates, on-going formation meetings
7. To promote participation of young people in developmental activities.
8. To defend human rights, challenge gender inequality and fight against child abuse.
9. Promoting secure and sustainable livelihoods for children, young people, women and men through appropriate education, vocational skills training, micro-enterprise and entrepreneurship development
(a) 10. Promoting programmes aimed at walking alongside our members in:
i. Learning and appreciating each other’s vocations and values,
ii. Personal development,
iii. Alleviating poverty, ignorance and disease,
iv. Listening to the voices of the marginalized and acting on their felt concerns
10. Establish branches as will be deemed appropriate.
OUR CORE VALUES
• Youth driven
• Faith based
• Equity and justice
• Respect for human dignity
• Gender sensitivity
• Transparency and accountability
• Integrity and good stewardship
• Innovation and resourcefulness
• Inclusive and non-discriminatory
• Compassion and Solidarity
• Preference for marginalized and disadvantaged populations